Skip to main content

Sweet Sixteen!

Johannah has reached a new high:  birthday SEASON!

While Johannah's birthday was technically on Saturday, it really stretched over four days, and she loved every minute of it!

Friday, September 14  

6:15 a.m.:  Arrive at Seminary to fantastic teachers who have the day planned around her.  Sing favorite hymn (aka goofiest hymn that makes her laugh which is why she picked it in the first place).  Play Book of Mormon "duck, duck, goose", her supposed favorite activity.  Laugh A LOT!

9 a.m.:  Hear Master Singers sing "Happy Birthday To You" to her

Have friends wish her "happy birthday" throughout the day 

3:15:  Get picked up from school and head to the nail salon to get pedicures with Mommy and Glo.

5:00:  Meet Ethan at home (he drove up from American!), head out to Five Guys (her favorite hamburger joint), and watch two separate movies at home that night (she picked Rat Race and True Grit).



Saturday, September 15

9 a.m.:  Head to Cracker Barrel for blueberry pancakes before Ethan has to leave for DC

Notice the birthday candle?


1 p.m.:  Arrive at DMV for driver's permit test.  Pass with flying colors.  Drive 20 minutes home.  Yes, Johannah drove!

Larisa still loves her Volvo, and Johannah does now too!

3:30:  Leave for Stake Youth Activity in Altoona.  Be the awesomest girl ever and volunteer to drive the entire way.  Navigate I-99 and curvy backroads LIKE A CHAMP!!  An hour later, arrive at activity.

Ready to play!

Have fun at outdoor, sporting activity.  Wash face, and change into nice clothes afterwards.

7:00:  Head out on a date with COLLIN HOEFT!!!



The next four hours:  mini-golf, ice cream and roller-skating!

11:00:  Arrive home, happiest girl in the world :-)

Sunday, September 16

8:00 a.m.  Open gifts and blow out candles on birthday cake.  Cry over Collin's gift, and proclaim this the best birthday ever.


Admire gifts for the next hour:  Nerf gun (from Glo) to be used at the next combined youth activity, new viola shoulder rest, viola stickers for viola case, giant bag of Twizzlers, Garmin Forerunner GPS watch (for training for the 1/2 marathon), marathon t-shirts from Daddy, and Collin's gifts (see post below)

3:15:  talk to the Young Men about respecting women.  Feel proud afterwards.

4:30:  open the door to find Sister Kreiner, bearing a birthday gift and FUDGE!  Cutest purse EVER from Becca and Jackie.

Monday, September 17

Can't wait for fun gifts that friends said they were bringing to school!

Comments

  1. What a happy birthday season, Johannah is such a great girl and daughter, she deserves it!! Happy Birthday (not Burpday) Hanni.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The FIRST of the Best Days of My Life

I'm always amazed when people can answer the question, "What was the best day of your life?"  For me, I've never had a specific answer.  The typical response of "my wedding day" doesn't work for me, because in all honesty, our wedding day was pretty sad with no family in attendance.  The second most popular answer of "the day my child was born" only conjures up feelings of pain, misery and exhaustion for me.  Really, up to this point, the best day of my life is anytime my family is together, and we are laughing, and talking, and ... being together.  I guess if I could string all of those moments into one solitary day, that would be the best day of my life. Everything changed though on Tuesday, October 27, 2015.  In fact, I feel quite relieved now, knowing that I can answer the proverbial question successfully and succinctly, for on that day, Anneliese Margaret Kennedy joined our family, and there has never been a better day in my life. Po

SURPRISE!!

When the pizza guy came to the door last night, here's what John saw: It took a few seconds for John to process who the pizza delivery man was, but when he did, he was incredibly happy (and couldn't stop saying "heeeeyyyyy....".  It was Jared Moran, John's best friend. And me, I just knelt down, right then and there, and began repenting of all the lies that I have told over the last four months, hiding this most amazing surprise :-)  I told Sarah the other day that I was glad to see the light at the end of the falsehood tunnel, because if I kept this up much longer, I was destined to end up in liars' hell... Jared ran the Air Force marathon with John last year.  It was his first marathon, and from what he told us, his last.  However, he called in June and said he was coming again, but I was supposed to keep it a surprise from John.  I'm not sure what changed his mind, but we sure are glad he did.  John hates runnings marathons alone, and ther

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I'm writing this, not as a complaint, but as a plea.  If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. My children are talented.  In fact, every child that I have ever met is talented in some way.  That's the fun thing about meeting kids--discovering those hidden talents. Some of the talents my children possess are very public--you guessed it...music.  Some aren't so public--kindness and generosity. My kids are frequently judged by other children because of their musical talents.  Other kids see them as "snobs" because they play their instruments well and because they are willing to share those talents whenever asked. My kids never play with arrogance.  They recognize that they are better at music than most kids their age, but they never, ever show it.  In fact, they are very generous with compliments towards other kids and their efforts with music.  I have raised them to appreciate anyone who tries to do anything with music--it's always a good