We woke up in the morning and Clarkie was bad. Like, really sick. As was Tate. And Imogen. Either Glo and Gordon were going home, or I would take Glo and Clarkie to the emergency room in Hancock. I decided to take him in.
We spent so many hours there only for the ER doctor to have no idea what was wrong. When I looked on the internet afterwards, it appeared to be hand, foot and mouth disease....which it was. You know, there are all kinds of jokes amongst doctors that "your internet search doesn't make up for my 12 years of schooling" but in this instance, the internet correctly diagnosed Clark versus two different doctors who didn't.
I wish I could write about what happened at the lake and fishing with Hannah and Trevor, but I wasn't there. I know Trevor spent many months stressing over boats and rentals and other things, but in the end, everyone enjoyed relaxing around a private lake...and caught nothing ;-) Okay, I take that back. I think Brother hooked a tiny fish. But that was it.
But then, when we all reconvened at dinner, fish were jumping out of Lake Superior so John, Brother and Trevor ran down. Still didn't catch anything, but it was very exciting.
We had done a test run of tin foil dinners at home where Trevor thought we should cook the meat before putting it in the tin foil, but I convinced him that the juices and fat of raw meat helped the overall tastiness of it all. So Hannah and Trevor came loaded with everything needed for really delicious tin foil dinners followed by what may be the most tasty cast iron cobbler (or any cobbler) I've ever had. I think we all could've had a dinner of just cobbler!

Comments
Post a Comment