We had originally planned on driving down to Marbella for a beach day, but I hadn't really worked out the details for that to happen. Believe me, I tried. Nancy was helping me think through ideas, Hannah and Glo had helped me call places. But for me, when something doesn't happen, I don't want to force it because it usually doesn't work out.
Instead, I felt pretty inspired to give us a day off of traveling. With the house in Arriate having its own pool set amidst gardens, I didn't think we needed much else. So we decided to make a day of relaxing in our own literal backyard.
It was such a treat. We found mulberries ripe for the picking on the way to the pool, so Glo grabbed a bunch of them. Clarkie enjoyed them, and we enjoyed using them (and him) for our art project ;-)
As always, we loved the pool. Was it a bit chilly? Yes, but I think Clarkie was the only one who minded that. So Hannah just put him on her shoulders and they chugga-chugged themselves all over that pool ;-)
It was our last night in the Ronda area, so we decided to get a reservation at a highly-recommended restaurant in Arriate. The food was obviously spectacular because I forgot to take pretty much any photo of any of it. But the sunset was happening outside the window, and it was just a perfect ending.
Comments
Post a Comment